Fatal Error in "GMS" obj

Posted by mpgame
Hi Size!
Unfortunately, in my recent tests, the following problem sometimes is occurring :
when I go to rm_play after matching two player, the following error is appearing and the game is closed! but when after a few minutes, I open the game again , it is running without that's error:

FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object GMS:

undefined value
at gml_Script_XServer_updatecoords
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_XServer_updatecoords (line 0)
gml_Script_XServer_step
gml_Script_gms_step
gml_Object_GMS_Step_0

Replies (9)

Last message on 11 Jan 2017

mpgame (Topicstarter) on 22 Dec 2016, 17:29:09
I think this problem is very relative to synced objects with is_full type and power of Internet connection...
mpgame (Topicstarter) on 23 Dec 2016, 15:09:10
I think this is reason of my problem: I use the "gms_instance_sync(id, is_full);" without "if (gms_instance_is_owner(id))"...
After adding the condition, problem solved.
mpgame (Topicstarter) on 23 Dec 2016, 16:41:54
Unfortunately it happens sometimes, yet... but now it is very less than before.
Size43 (Administrator) on 3 Jan 2017, 12:35:58
Hey, apologies for my very late response. I've had some issues with my hand that prevented me from using a computer (RSI).

There were some server issues that have now been fixed. Please let me know if you're still having issues.
mpgame (Topicstarter) on 3 Jan 2017, 13:37:54
Wishing good health to you! This disease is for programmers!!

But about server issue, unfortunately after syncing some objects from both of two player, it still happens sometimes... and until a few minutes after occurring that problem, no one can create or join to a session.
Size43 (Administrator) on 6 Jan 2017, 10:09:30
How often is it happening right now? Often enough that I would be able to reproduce it in a few tries?

Would you be able to send me your project (or a small sample project that has the same problem) so that I can investigate? (gamemakerserver@outlook.com)
mpgame (Topicstarter) on 6 Jan 2017, 14:50:06
Recently, It almost happens in most my tests. and this problem is very relative to synced objects with is_full type and power of Internet connection...

My project is not in English version and it's size is high. but I made a project that this error can appear in it, by numerous clicking on blue button. However, the problem is occurring in this test project very less than my main project.

this is a sample of problem that occurred in the sent test project:http://s6.uplod.ir/i/00853/ziweh1bkf7t5.jpg
Size43 (Administrator) on 10 Jan 2017, 16:24:29
Hey, I couldn't reach you by mail.

Please check if your issue is resolved by using this version of GameMaker Server:

http://gamemakerserver.com/staticcontent/GameMaker%20Server%201.9.3.zip
mpgame (Topicstarter) on 11 Jan 2017, 10:27:30
Hiii,

I tested my game by the new version! That is very good!!! That error doesn't appear till this moment. But I will test more...

Thanks.