Weird Player Synchronosation (Player direction)

Posted by Snowland
My movement code is simple:
My android game has virtual analog controller on screen. Player object simply moves towards the direction of the analog.

player.speed = 10;
player.direction = (analogs_direction_of_whatever)

When I connect two devices, movement is pretty cool; except player objects spin like crazy. I guess sync. of direction value has some bugs ?

I use the latest gamemaker server with GMS 1.4

Replies (5)

Last message on 30 Sep 2017

Size43 (Administrator) on 25 Sep 2017, 16:54:47
Apologies for the delay.

Can you check if you experience the same kind of issues when running on Windows?
Snowland (Topicstarter) on 28 Sep 2017, 23:15:25
On Windows, player coordinates are sent better than Android although both have the optimal 40 fps.

Syncing direction is still a problem. Players' directions are not synced correctly when moving. It's like they spin and spin when their direction value changed often
Size43 (Administrator) on 30 Sep 2017, 15:26:10
Does it work normally if you lower the speed to 4?
Snowland (Topicstarter) on 23 Sep 2017, 18:37:34
Okay, I've fixed the issue of syncing player positions. I used gms_optimize_set_spc(spc_none); for this.

"I've tried other spc_ values, but the spc_none worked best for me". Now, the only problem remains is the player's direction. It doesn't synced correctly as it spins randomly when I move my character.
Snowland (Topicstarter) on 16 Sep 2017, 01:01:46
Also I noticed that player x and y positions are not correctly synched when player changes it's direction.