Fatal Error Why is this happening?

Posted by ADMIN_MAX
############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object GMS:

ds_map_find_value argument 1 incorrect type (5) expecting a Number (YYGI32)
at gml_Script_XServer_step
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_XServer_step (line 0)
gml_Script_gms_step
gml_Object_GMS_Step_0

Replies (5)

Last message on 24 Feb 2019

Size43 (Administrator) on 14 Jan 2019, 16:40:16
Please run the game in debug mode (F6) and let me know the exact line number of the crash.
ADMIN_MAX (Topicstarter) on 18 Jan 2019, 16:50:34
that error is not showing again but there`s another one appear when i go to the other room or destroy and instance

ds_map_find_value argument 1 incorrect type (5) expecting a Number (YYGI32)
at gml_Script_XServer_step (line 946) - _l = ds_map_find_value(_s, "variable_changed");
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_XServer_step (line 946)
called from - gml_Script_gms_step (line 59) - __ret = XServer_step(__current_room);
called from - gml_Object_GMS_StepNormalEvent_1 (line 1) - gms_step();
Size43 (Administrator) on 27 Jan 2019, 14:59:10
Are you using instance sync at all?
ADMIN_MAX (Topicstarter) on 1 Feb 2019, 02:09:48
yes when its showing that error if theres a other client , If i only the client that error not showing
Size43 (Administrator) on 24 Feb 2019, 20:26:37
Apologies for the wait.

Are you using ds_maps or ds_lists anywhere? You might be accidentially writing to a ds_map used by the extension.

Can you try temporarily commenting any instance sync calls to see if that fixes the issue?