The script called requires the game to be connected to the server.

Posted by HyperBoxie
Hello, so, I made data saving in my game and when I try to save, I'm getting the error:
of Draw Event
for object obj_savegui:

GameMaker Server - Update 2.50: The script called requires the game to be connected to the server. Please verify you haven't been kicked by the server, and you aren't executing any scripts that should not be executed!
at gml_Script_XServer_require_connection (line 6) - show_error("GameMaker Server - Update "+string(gms_version())+": The script called requires the game to be connected to the server. Please verify you haven't been kicked by the server, and you aren't executing any scripts that should not be execut
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_XServer_require_connection (line 6)
called from - gml_Script_gms_ini_game_read (line 8) - if(!XServer_require_connection()) return 0;
called from - gml_Object_obj_savegui_DrawEvent_1 (line 35) - draw_text(lx+296,ly+16,"LV "+string(gms_ini_game_read(gms_self_name(),"lv")));

What could be causing this? Please help

Replies (1)

Last message on 18 May 2021

Size43 (Administrator) on 18 May 2021, 22:45:45
Can you check the value of gms_connected? Does it return true?

If not -- you are somehow getting disconnected from the server. Is your GMS object persistent? Maybe it is getting destroyed somehow?