Full Sync crashing game

Posted by SUP3RBOB
Whenever I leave a room in-game that has synced instances inside of it, the game sometimes freezes. I tried to figure out the problem and found that it only happens with instances synced with is_full. I ran the game in debug mode and every time an is_full instance was created, it would give me a debug message saying "instance *instance id* does not exist". When the game crashes, it would spam this debug message.

I am using GMStudio 1.4.9999 and GameMakerServer 2.5

Note: The full synced instances work properly when they are created, it's just the crashing that is the problem

Replies (4)

Last message on 16 Jul 2021

Size43 (Administrator) on 16 Jul 2021, 22:37:05
Are you using the Windows (Dll) or the All version of the extension? You can check this by looking at the filename of the extension. It will contain either (Windows) or (All) at the end.
SUP3RBOB (Topicstarter) on 16 Jul 2021, 22:50:51
I am using the All version of the extension
Size43 (Administrator) on 16 Jul 2021, 23:00:54
Do you want these instances to persist when moving to another room and then back to the original room? If not, try adding a call to gms_instance_sync_destroy(id) in the room end event of the object.

If you do want them to persist, try adding a call to gms_instance_sync_destroy_silent(id) instead.

Does that resolve the crashes?
SUP3RBOB (Topicstarter) on 16 Jul 2021, 23:31:48
Adding gms_instance_sync_destroy(id) to the room end event fixed the issue. Thanks!