Random not connecting into server

Posted by Dublann
Hi Size!
I want to share with you some problems that my users are having. Some of them (more or less 1/3 of them) are having problems with the connection to the server. The other 2/3 of them are not having any kind of issue. All of them are using the same revision of the game, therefore I assume that is not a problem with the code.

People that are having this problem, are not receiving any kind of message with gms_login_error_tostring(argument0).
In my code I have an object that restart the game and log out to the server when in 15 secs, the user is not connected. And all these people are always restarting the game without connecting.

This is the code Im using in the restarting object:

Create event
alarm[0]=10*room_speed

Alarm[0] event
if room==rm_init or room==room_loading
{
if gms_info_isloggedin()==1{gms_logout()}
audio_stop_all()
with(obj_room_GMS){instance_destroy()}
with(GMS){instance_destroy()}
room_goto(room_start)

Antivirus issue??

Replies (7)

Last message on 4 Sep 2017

Size43 (Administrator) on 4 Sep 2017, 11:27:18
Apologies for the delay, I've been having some health issues.

Would you happen to know if they're able to connect to the server at all? (gms_info_isconnected) Some providers might be blocking non-standard ports (GameMaker Server uses TCP port 25500.

Another (relatively) common issue is that the login screen breaks when someone presses the login button twice in a really short time, though I would expect a different login error when that happens.
Snowland on 29 Aug 2017, 14:48:40
I have the exact problem. Trying to login again does the job.
Dublann (Topicstarter) on 29 Aug 2017, 15:30:58
Each time I restart the game, first I log out and then log in but Im having the same problem after restarting.
Dublann (Topicstarter) on 29 Aug 2017, 14:28:58
Size, I finally got the same error, and using gms_login_error_tostring (), I'm getting the message "Server is not responding to login request.Please try again".

In case the game is not connecting the server, an object restarts the game in 15 seconds, therefore the game is getting restarted continuously but it is not connecting in any reboot. Maybe the game has been restarted 15 times without success.

What is happening?
Dublann (Topicstarter) on 29 Aug 2017, 14:42:30
If it helps, server status is 51.9% busy.
Dublann (Topicstarter) on 29 Aug 2017, 14:48:10
Some more information:

-Im having this error with one mobile phone (1 hour ago without problems)
-Im not having this error using another mobile phone
-Im not having this error when running the game in windows
-Mobile phones are having different internet suppliers
Dublann (Topicstarter) on 30 Aug 2017, 10:50:10
More information:
-I uninstalled the game and reinstalled again, and now there is no issue.

Is very confusing...