Update 2.3.0 released
This update fixes some issues that I came accross as I was working on the performance patch that released today.
- New sendtypes spc_limited_extrapolate and spc_limited_extrapolate_smooth, currently only in the Windows version of the extension. These look nicer when position updates are arriving at regular intervals.
- Fixed a bug where position syncing could send an incorrect update if the movement speed was >= 7 (which is around hspeed=5 and vspeed=5). This would often cause other clients to make the player object appear as if it was moving backwards.
- Fixed a bug where position syncing would send an incorrect update if the movement direction changed without changing the movement speed
- Fixed a bug where position syncing would sometimes not update the position
- Major parts of the server's networking code have been reworked to better support large amounts of clients
- Added constants to configure the color of text in achievements and statistics windows
- Made some changes that should help reduce intialization times on some platforms
It is recommended that you re-evaluate your gms_optimize_* configuration after installing this update. Some settings that did not work correctly for you before might work much better now. Start by removing any gms_optimize_* calls, then apply them one-by-one again if you find that they are still needed.
Last message on 29 Apr 2020