Invisible Glitch

Posted by Walt
So, I have experienced this not only in my game but several other Gamemaker Server games where some players may be invisible on your screen, but not on others or theirs, and some others might have different people appearing invisible.

Is there a way to fix this, or will I have to live with it?

Replies (12)

Last message on 29 Jun 2018

jdev on 24 Jun 2018, 21:21:44
I also have this issue with Blox.

It seems to happen when you logout and then log back in. My players usernames still appear, just not their character.
Size43 (Administrator) on 24 Jun 2018, 21:38:40
Awesome, that was exactly the thing I needed to be able to reproduce this bug!

It was caused by changing session or logging out and then changing session or logging in to the same session again. It should be fixed as of now. If not, let me know!
Size43 (Administrator) on 24 Jun 2018, 17:10:33
Apologies for the delay.

I haven't found a way to reliably reproduce this issue, so I haven't been able to fix it.

If you've found a way to reproduce this issue somewhat regularly I'd love to take a look.
Walt (Topicstarter) on 24 Jun 2018, 17:17:44
This just happens randomly, it's not only happened in my Gamemaker Server game but some others I've had this happen. Also, I'm not the only one who experiences this.
Size43 (Administrator) on 24 Jun 2018, 17:25:44
Unfortunately to debug and fix this I need to be able to reproduce the issue locally, and if I potentially need to play 100s of hours before it happens that's not really doable.
Walt (Topicstarter) on 24 Jun 2018, 17:27:32
I think it's probably something to do with how it syncs the players.
Size43 (Administrator) on 24 Jun 2018, 17:30:29
There's a few thousand lines of code involved in the syncing, so unless I'm able to somehow verify when the issue exists and when it disappears, the best I can do is just randomly change things and hope for a miracle. That's unfortunately just not worth the time I'd need to spend on that :(
Walt (Topicstarter) on 24 Jun 2018, 19:27:17
If I notice a pattern I'll try and find a specific way to reproduce. Until then, thanks! :)
Size43 (Administrator) on 24 Jun 2018, 21:39:05
I think I might have just found the issue thanks to jdev!

It was caused by changing session or logging out and then changing session or logging in to the same session again. It should be fixed as of now. If not, let me know!
jdev on 29 Jun 2018, 12:58:50
Hi Size,

As you can probably see by now Blox has gained hugeeeee popularity over the past few months which has caused some issues to arrise. This issue still seems to happen from time to time, and from what I can see the whole player, even the username dissapears now, not just the character.

As you can imagine, this is putting a lot of stress on my team to try and calm the community and keep the game active at the same time.

Would you mind emailing me so that we can discuss this further? Cheers.
(support@bloxgames.com)
Size43 (Administrator) on 29 Jun 2018, 14:34:47
Sure.
Walt (Topicstarter) on 24 Jun 2018, 22:44:52
Okay thanks.