[Very Important] Abusers

Posted by jdev
I know who the users are who have been going around games creating custom GameINI's, I know both their IP's and their GameMaker Server usernames.

Size43, please contact me on Discord so I can hand over this information so you can take action, because this is going too far and causing me and other big games massive inconvenience.

Affected/damaged games: Blox (jdev), Cubic Land Game (Bountywolf)

Replies (6)

Last message on 29 Dec 2018

Size43 (Administrator) on 28 Dec 2018, 22:18:32
If it's as urgent as you seem to be suggesting, don't wait until you catch me online on discord! Just send what you have to me, either via mail or as a discord DM. I'll read it when I have the time.
jdev (Topicstarter) on 26 Dec 2018, 21:18:25
Update: I cannot even access my GameINI's anymore.
jdev (Topicstarter) on 26 Dec 2018, 22:08:43
Update: I've re-made all of my GameINI's, it seems that the BDB's give out the same errors again, so it is the cheaters who can create GameINI's can also manipulate and change BDB values.

To Size43: I understand that GameMaker Server is not your top priority but these people are causing HUGE inconvenience for a few big games that use this platform and it sometimes takes over a month to try and get it sorted out and most of the time it does not work. These people need to be reported to the police and permanently barred from your platform as a whole, if this is not sorted then I, and the other few big games, cannot continue to use this platform as it would not be feasible anymore to continue to use a platform that people can easily abuse and then get away with it. The big games that use this most likely spend money to keep everything running smoothly, so it will end up being a waste. By no means am I having a go or anything like that because I respect what you do. I am just saying that this needs to be fixed.
Size43 (Administrator) on 28 Dec 2018, 22:31:56
Alright, I've restored the backup again. Let me know if that makes any difference.
jdev (Topicstarter) on 29 Dec 2018, 02:48:41
I don't think it does, because I changed world loading code to check the height and width values and if they are not equal to the default 32 and are 65535 (when the hackers change all the values and spawn 1,000's of GameINI's, as that is when it seems to occur), then it will manually set the values to 32 and then save those values in the BDB as 32 and then the next time it loads that BDB the values will be correct again.

I shouldn't have anymore issues with BDB's, but the hackers spawning 1000's of GameINI's is still an issue. I have sent the information to you on Discord.

PS: BountyWolf is having the exact same issue with these hackers as I am.
jdev (Topicstarter) on 27 Dec 2018, 00:29:55
Because I couldn't add this on to my last comment:

The game is now randomly joining sessions and taking me out of them, and all of this is getting seriously frustrating for many when there should be at least some security on this stuff to prevent it from happening, once is just a blip, but for it to happen twice in a row then you know something is wrong.

Sorry if I come across as rude, but please understand how infuriating this must be for me and other big developers using GameMaker Server when there is nothing we can do to even mitigate the situation.